skip to navigation

Special Deal on Local Flavor: $20 for 2 Adult Multi-Site Museum Passes. Click here for more information!

1869 Luckenbach Mill

Once the original site of the flour mill, the 1869 Luckenbach Mill was in continuous use well into the 20th century.

The 1869 Luckenbach Mill, located within the Colonial Industrial Quarter was built in a few months on the foundations of the earlier 1751 Grist Mill, which was destroyed by fire in 1869. The mill ground grain into coarse and fine flour. This building functioned as a grist mill until the late 1940s when it became an automobile parts store surrounded by a junkyard.

This brick building was restored in the early 1980s, but portions of the first floor and north and east walls of the 1751 mill are still visible. Today, the mill is a multi-purpose space.

The third floor houses our Historic Bethlehem Library and Archives, including a collection of 10,000 photographs of Bethlehem, a 2,000-volume library, and thousands of letters, manuscripts, maps, and documents relating to the history of our community.

Luckenbach Mill hours and exhibitions

Lehigh Art Alliance presents exhibitions throughout the year on both the first and second floor galleries of the mill.

Our Partners


Translate the Historic Bethlehem Museums & Sites website into your language of choice!